Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Vox-popping Around

I also went around vox-popping people on the street around Fairfield and Cabramatta CBD about their opinions on the council's ban on spitting. I was quite surprised that many people thought it was a great idea and not many people voiced concerns on the hefty fine. I wonder what they will come up with next though - anti-farting laws?

"It's a disgusting habit for low lifes - thumbs up. Hopefully other councils will go for it too!" -
Dave

"Great to hear! I see it all the time. It's filthy."
Emily

"Singapore brought it in heaps long ago. We're a bit slow over here. It's about time people realised that it's socially unacceptable behaviour."
Truong

"I reckon they should be paying attention to bigger things rather than spitting."
Ian

"This is the council trying to regulate social behaviour. If I want to spit, I'll spit. If I want to fart, I'll fart. Councils should keep their hands out of teaching us manners." Johnny

"I hope other councils do the same. It's bloody disgusting, I hate seeing it around here so hopefully the fines will stop it for good."
Michael

"Wow, sounds good - but how are they going to catch you?" Mai

"I think instead of the fine, they should try to change people's attitudes in other ways. Maybe through educational programs which teach people about the bad effects of it. The fine's not necessary." Van

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home